Friday 23 May 2014

The most amazing month ever ... The Great Wall of China


So I may have forgotten to mention one teeny, tiny place that we went to while in Beijing…the Great Wall of China!



 If you don’t want to be stuck in the middle of millions of tourists, go to the Jinshanling section of the wall. It was amazing! It takes about 2 hours to get there from the city. It's so worth it!!!



 There was a very steep climb to the top and I did worry that my fitness was not up to scratch. Actually, I thought I was going to fall over and roll all the way back down. It was so hot and I’ve clearly been eating too much Chinese food. However, as soon as we reached the top, all was forgotten. The views were amazing of forests all around and we probably walked passed twenty other people at the most in our two and a half hour trek.



My parents kept asking me why I was always complaining about the amount of people in China. We were practically the only ones on that part of the wall.

Our guide was great. He didn’t seem to know whether his English name was Henry or Harry. So we called him Harry. When my family go on holiday, we hardly ever have pictures taken of all four of us together. He took so many of the four of us together without us asking and he knew all the perfect places to take pictures too! You think you can only take so many pictures of a wall. But there is a reason why this one is called the Great wall! We took sooooo many pictures!!!



We were hassled sometimes by the women selling things on the wall but a tourist gets hassled most places these days right??

There were constant ups and downs and these weren’t just little hills. They were really steep! There’s a Great Wall marathon…who the hell does that? 






I’m so happy to say that I have now climbed the Great Wall of China!!




No comments:

Post a Comment