Sunday 1 December 2013

My first cup of tea!

Today, for the first time in my life, I actually drank some tea. I have no idea what tea it was, but it actually wasn’t too bad. I definitely didn’t drink all of it though.

I had it at a little Steakhouse that’s over the road from where I live.

So far, I’m actually quite enjoying the food here, (ish) although a few times already I've eaten something and not known what it is!.

In China, it’s the custom that if you invite someone for a meal or for a drink, you have to pay for them.

I’ve already been treated to so many meals!

I still can’t use chopsticks (so embarrassing,) so I get given what looks like a baby spoon! Apparently hardly any restaurants here have cutlery so I'm going to have to learn AND QUICK. I 'borrowed' some from a restaurant today to practice using them at home!!

Earlier in the week I went to a pub Quiz in the pub for foreigners, and got to meet some lovely people! And I’ve already been on a night out with Natalia, one of the girls I’m teaching with. Her Chinese friend owns the bar and she brought me along. Not quite Wind Street, but the drinks were free, and it was a great night!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Becca. I admire your courage to go to teach i.e. China. I'm going to go to Poland jct year to teach both English nd German there. Would u be interested to teach i.e. Poland from Sept. 2014
    ?great idea with blog. I'm enjoying to read it. keep going xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anuszka. Thank you for your kind words! Your journey to Poland sounds exciting! I am sure I will be interested to teach English in a new location after my year in China has finished but I have yet to decide where! Teaching in Poland sounds interesting!
      I am so glad that you are enjoying reading my blog! Thank you for your encouragement! Good luck for when you go to Poland! xx

      Delete